What is Palladium?
Here at Skylight we’ve been incorporating Palladium into our jewelry, and we’ve been getting a lot of questions about what exactly it is. So here is some information to help clarify:
- Palladium is a naturally white metal and will not tarnish. It does not required rhodium plating and will stay white forever.
- Palladium is 30 times more rare than gold.
- Palladium is lighter than platinum, with about half the density of platinum. Therefore, a piece of jewelry made in palladium would cost and weigh significantly less than the same piece made in platinum.
- Palladium rarely causes allergic reactions, and if usually a safe alternative for those allergic to white gold.
- Palladium is durable and wears similarly to platinum.
If you have any other questions feel free to ask us!